- Pay your bills on time.
- Make frequent and consistent payments.
- Ask for a higher credit limit while keeping your balance the same. This shows you’re not using the full amount you’re approved for, which reflects responsible credit use.
- Fix errors on your credit report.
- Ask a relative or friend with a long record of responsible credit to consider making you an authorized user.
- Use a secured credit card.
- Keep credit cards open, even if you’re not using it.
- Mix it up: have a combination of things that count toward your credit, like both loans and credit cards.
Saving & Investing
How Do I Increase My Credit Score?
Proudly sponsored by
Ascendant Community Education